Great World Company Holdings Ltd is principally engaged in mineral resources businesses and property project in China. The Group is a veteran in the telecommunications industry, and its business comprises the assembly, distribution and integration of telecommunications products. In recent years, the Group has been involved in mining and selling of iron ores, and plans to develop the property business as one of its major sources of income.
Ms Ng Mui King, Joky, became the Company’s controlling shareholder, and elected as Chairman of the Group in 2007. Ms Ng introduced a new management team, who have extensive experience in investment and management in Mainland China and possess close connections with industry players.
As the Group begins to diversify its business portfolio by exploring different business opportunities, as such, the Company has changed its name to ”Great World Company Holdings Ltd”, and adopted the new Chinese name “世大控股有限公司”, to highlight its diversified business development.
An extraordinary general meeting of the Company held in December 2008 approved of the acquisition of 51% equity interest in Feng Shan Xian Qian Xing Mining Industry Company Limited. Acquisition of the remaining 49% interest was completed in January 2011.
The acquisition of the 100% equity interest of Linkful Wise Group Holdings Limited was approved in the AGM held in April 2011. Upon the acquisition, the Company owns a property located at the central district in Leshan, Sichuan. The property comprises a residential and commercial development site. This unprecedented move helps the Company to tap into China’s real estate market.